Thursday, March 1, 2012

breaking my own rules...

So I guess if I make the rules...then I don't necessarily have to follow them...right?  So tonight I'm not writing about something new foodwise that I've done/discovered, but my go to breakfast is SO easy that I thought it'd be a good place to start.

All you need is eggbeaters and a frozen veggie burger (use your favorite kind).  In the morning, I put the veggie burger in a tupperware.  Then I shake up the egg beaters and pour them in with the burger.  I usually eyeball it, but it ends up being roughly 2/3 of a cup.  After a very quick prep, I pop it in the microwave for 4-5 mins...go do something else, and by the time I get back it's done!

I usually eat it as a frittata, but you could also pop it in a flat bread, skinny bagel or whole wheat wrap.  It's super low maintenance and easy to take on the go.

Give it a whirl and let me know what you think :)

-9s

No comments:

Post a Comment